Magma Structures is looking to recruit a senior engineer for work on existing and new projects.
Work as part of a highly skilled and experienced engineering team on a diverse range of projects in the marine, oil and gas, transport and other sectors.
- Degree level qualification either engineering / mechanical / composite / naval architecture
- Project management experience
- 5+ years in industry.
- 2D and 3D drafting skills
- Understanding of basic structural theory, mechanics of structures
- Understanding of basic composite structures theory – desirable
- Composite construction experience/knowledge – useful / but not essential
- Knowledge of sailing – useful
- Practical sailing experience – useful / but not essential
- Composite and mechanical engineering design using standard spreadsheets and design methods
- Management of a small engineering team
- Working with a build manager
- Laminate and structural design work
- Fittings and mechanical design work
- Review and analysis of test data
- Review of design rules and methods
Start Date: As soon as possible
If this position is of interest, please register your interest using the form below or call Claire Bell on 02393 872747